In today's episode:
- 1. U.S. Labor Struggle - Port-strike talks continue even on Sunday, but stalemate goes on
- 2. Syria - Turkey scrambles jets as Syrian warplanes bomb border region
- 3. Egypt - Opposition marches to presidential palace against new charter
- 4. Iran - US boosts number of spy drone flights over Iran
- 5. Under the Radar - US set to establish new spy network as big as CIA: report
The situation in Egypt is complex and whilst I know the Brothers’ history, I’m not convinced that your analysis is right in this instance.
The proposed constitution is more likely to upset the empire than any genuine socialists.
It’s very antineoliberal.
Im aware of the IMF etc but Egypt does have a foreign exchange shortage brewing, which is what the IMF loan covers in my understanding.
As I said above, all very complex and murky.