In today's episode:
- 1. Israel-Gaza - Egypt PM says Gaza truce deal may be close
- 2. Syria - Syrian Islamists reject Western-backed opposition
- 3. Iran - US says illegal exports to Iran increasing
- 4. Myanmar - Obama's Myanmar speech sends message to North Korea
- 5. Sudan - Power struggle in Khartoum
- 6. Under the Radar - Insider killing of Marine detailed
Watch out for the Government of Ghana under John Dramani Mahama. They just grabbed an Argentinian Ship in the service of the “Vulture Fund” operator Paul Singer over an old 2002 debt when Argentina defaulted.
“The Ghanaian judge acted on a claim by NML Capital Limited, which is based in the Cayman Islands. Its owner, billionaire investor Paul Singer, leads a group demanding payment in full, plus interest, for dollar-based Argentine bonds bought at fire sale prices after the country’s economy collapsed a decade ago, forcing a sharp devaluation of its currency.” ——— So, I’m a little leery of Ghana at this time. Paul Singer has also used this debt extortion tactic against Congo DRC. Thanks.
You have a surprising ally in your synopsis at the end of the first segment, i.e. Britain`s Chief Rabbi Jonathan Sacks.Just You-Tube “Jonathan Sacks`s Moment of Candour” and listen to the near panic of the B.B.C. newsreaders.
You rock Eric.
Hi Eric, if you’re looking for a contact in Myanmar, you might get in touch with Robin, the host of the podcast Unwelcome Guests: http://www.unwelcomeguests.net I believe he still lives in Bangladesh which is next door to it.
Thanks for your great work!